14559-Chaoki
Please login to post in the forums. ^^
14559-Chaoki
Please login to post in the forums. ^^
14559-Chaoki
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new planet.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parachute-Tailed Squirrels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Empty
PostSubject: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Parachute-Tailed Squirrels have large flat tails and are a mottled brown color. They spend most of their time hopping from tree-to-tree anc catching their main food, birds. Occasionally the squirrels eat nuts, seeds, or fruit, but will not pass up a chance for meat, whether it be fresh or rotting.
They have large ears set at an angle. The female's heads have nothing between the ears, but the males have impressive feathery crowns.
Apart from their large flat tails, they have big back legs for springing between branches, and sharp claws for snatching birds from the air and from their nests. If they fall from a branch, the Parachute-Tailed Squirrel simply grabs its tail and floats safely to the ground. This is a must-have adaptation because, though light, the squirrels are very dense and gravity affects them more. Without their special tails, the squirrels would have several broken bones before they even hit the ground. The males tails have special patterns. The bolder the patters, the younger the squirrel. Squirrels with bold patterns are more likely to get mates than other, older squirrels, though older males can lay claim to females through battles with younger rival males. The female, though, has the final decision in the end. If a male displeases her, she will pull out his crown, leaving him shamed and crownless.

Sketches
Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach11
https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/17/47/71/24/parach11.jpg (just in case image is big)

Sprites
Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach10, Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach11, Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach13, Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach14 and Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach12 by Chaos

Last edited by Chaos on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chaoki.forumotion.com
Wolven
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 am

I can do some lines for babies?
Maybe?

Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parachute_tailed_squirrel_s1_by_shattenwolf-d55gbus
My face says it all ;.;
I murdered it T-T

Correction, I murdered them...
Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parachute_tailed_squirrel_s2_male_by_shattenwolf-d55gdex

And, to conclude...
Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parachute_tailed_squirrel_s1_by_shattenwolf-d55gept
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 pm

They're okay. You didn't murder them! They're cute! I'll work on shading them right now so that I can get them up within the next half hour. Babies tend to go faster than adults.
Back to top Go down
Wolven
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am

Looking foreward to it!
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Finished the ungendered baby. ^^ Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach12
EDIT: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach13 Lawl.
MOAR EDIT: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach14
Back to top Go down
Wolven
Artist

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:43 am

Chaos wrote:
Finished the ungendered baby. ^^ Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach12
EDIT: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach13 Lawl.
MOAR EDIT: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Parach14
Awesome!
Looking foreward to seeing these on-site!
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Admin
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 pm

The main site is down. Please check the news. Thank you. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parachute-Tailed Squirrels   Parachute-Tailed Squirrels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
14559-Chaoki :: Chaoki :: Suggestions/Requests :: Completed Requests-
Jump to: